Dallas is the 8th largest county in the United States. The City of Dallas is the 5th youngest and the 4th most diverse in the country. We are a solidly Blue county with the ability to influence and lead statewide electoral outcomes. Texas is the key battleground in the national fight for social and economic justice, voting rights, healthcare and reproductive rights, and climate justice.
About the Position:
The Dallas County Democratic Party (DCDP) is looking for a skilled, versatile professional to fill the full-time role of Communications Manager. This person will report directly to the DCDP Executive Director and work closely with the Chair, Vice Chair, DCDP staff, and political allies.
- Work closely with Party staff and maintain strong relationships with allies to create and execute strategic communications
- Use NGP to manage digital communications with the public and donors
- Draft email blasts, press releases, op-eds, events, rapid response, etc. and identify opportunities for earned media
- Manage and publish website updates and social media posts
- Monitor in-state and national media for important developments
- Use good political judgment and message discipline
- Maintain accurate and updated press list
- Other duties as assigned
Highly Qualified Candidates will have:
- Excellent written, verbal, initiative, and analytical skills
- Previous communication (ideally political communication) experience utilizing many of the responsibilities described above, or relatable skills
- Experience with graphic design, NGP VAN, Canva, and/or HTML, etc.
- Experience working effectively with a team and with outside stakeholders, including strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work and time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while effectively meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage up and manage across
- Growth mindset, coachable, and willing to take and give constructive feedback
- Prior lived and/or professional experience in Texas (ideally Dallas)
- Must be willing to live in the Dallas metroplex and work in office at least part-time
- High attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Lead with integrity and maintain a high level of confidentiality
Salary: $60,000 per year
Applicants should email a resume, one writing sample of your choice, and two professional
references to email@example.com. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis. We are looking to move quickly, and the target start date for the hire is November.
The Dallas County Democratic Party is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital, veteran or economic status, or any other legally protected basis. The Dallas County Democratic Party is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. Please contact us for any accommodations needed in the hiring process.