In March, we launched a very special new program called the Tillotson Speaker Series. On the first Friday of each month, we hold a luncheon, sponsored by fellow Democrat and local attorney, Jeff Tillotson. In an intimate forum of 50 or less Democrats, attendees have the opportunity to hear from Dallas County elected officials and engage in discussion and Q&A.
We invite you to join us on August 4 at noon to hear from Dale Hansen. All funds will benefit the DCDP. The cost per luncheon is $100. The price includes a 3-course meal at Maggiano’s Restaurant at 205 NorthPark Center, Dallas 75225 on the south side of the center. To make your reservation, call the DCDP Office at 214-821-8331 or Purchase your tickets now here.
Dale Hansen is the weeknight sports anchor during the 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts on WFAA-TV (Channel 8) and also hosts Dale Hansen's Sports Special on Sundays at 10:20 p.m.
In 1987, Hansen was honored with the George Foster Peabody Award for Distinguished Journalism. That same year, he won the duPont-Columbia Award for his contribution to the investigation of SMU's football program. As a result of this investigation, the NCAA prohibited SMU from fielding a football program in 1987.
Hansen began his career as a radio disc jockey and operations manager in Newton, Iowa. This was followed by a job as a sports reporter at KMTV in Omaha, Nebraska. Hansen's first job in Dallas was with KDFW-TV (Channel 4). He joined WFAA-TV in 1983. Hansen's other awards and honors include:
• Sportscaster of the Year on two occasions by the Associated Press
• Texas Sportscaster of the Year on three occasions by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association
• Best Sportscaster by United Press International and the Dallas Press Club
• TV Personality of the Year by American Women in Radio and Television
• Iowa Associated Press award for Best Investigative Reporter